June 25, 2017

Police close in on Madeleine Pulver bomb hoax suspect

Madeleine has found new happiness without Facebook, her mobile phone and especially that weird necklace some low-life gave her.

Australain police have gone into ‘neither confirm nor deny’ mode over reports they have a prime suspect in the frame for the Madeleine Pulver bomb hoax case.

Media outlets are reporting that investigators have not released a description of 18-year-old Madeleine’s attacker because they believed they knew who he was.

The report said detectives attached to Strike Force Haddon had already spoken to the man but had not yet formally interviewed him.

Madeleine had told police her attacker had “old, wrinkly eyes.”

In a statement released this morning, police said the public wanted detectives to solve the crime and not “engage in speculation or provide detail that may hinder the investigation”.

“The NSW Police Force is running a complex and sensitive investigation that requires careful management,” police said. ‘Complex’ and ‘sensitive’ are not two of the first words that spring to mind when we think of the NSW Police Force.

It has been nine days since the Sydney schoolgirl spent 10 hours with a fake collar-bomb strapped around her neck, in what police say was an extortion attempt against her wealthy family.

She has returned to school and appears to be getting on with her life, playing weekend sport and spending time with friends.

It was also reported this week that Madeleine had shut down her account on the social networking site Facebook and ditched her mobile phone, after police urged the Pulver family to beef up security around their home.

Maybe we could could all take a leaf out of Madeleine’s book and do likewise. Imgine life without Facebook and mobiles? Now there is a refreshing thought.